Have you ever had one of those mornings? You know the ones, you wake up late, can't get going and then nothing goes right. Yeah, I'm having one of those RIGHT NOW!! Let's just say I woke up about an hour later than usual. That gave me exactly 1/2 hour to wake up Audrey and get her to school. Talk about time constraints. Well, I quietly go into her room, trying not to wake up the baby in the process. I gently rub her back and say "Audrey, time for school, wake up". She jumps out of bed unhappily. She then walks into the center of her room, throws her arms out to the side and professes LOUDLY "but Mommy, I just wanted to sleep a little bit longer, geez". Okay, when did my 4 year old become 15?? I'm prepared for a lot, or at least I try to tell myself that. THAT was not one of those things I prepared for. If she's this drama now the teenage years are going to be a real loo-loo.

Now add to this Courtney who suddenly despises getting dressed or getting her diaper changed. That's a struggle I look forward to each morning, let me tell ya. Ren has been complaining the lights are too bright all morning and Chuck, well, he was less than happy to be running late for work.
Right now, I would really like to just crawl back into bed, pull up the covers and hide my head. Maybe if I do that the day will start over again. And since we know that isn't going to happen I'll just settle with popping in a Dora DVD for the kids and putting another post on this site so that you all can share in the joy of my morning. I'm hoping for a great rest of the day, but with 3 kids and a hubby who has obviously contracted PMS today I'm unsure of the outcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment