Monday, September 21, 2009

My *sometimes* trying little man....

posted by Kandi

This is my little man....Ren


He is the child mother's dream of and dread all rolled into one. Now, I'm not knocking on my little man, far from it. He's the smartest guy I know, really. He can be put in time out and completely understand why he's there, without explanation. He also knows how to push EVERY BUTTON I HAVE!!!!! He's sweet as a button one minute and falling down crying the next. I'm assuming it's a "boy" thing because I remember my brothers doing the same thing. I just don't get it though. I have two little girls who love to be independent and their own little people, but with Ren it's different. He has to make sure I know everything and repeats himself over and over just to make sure it's right. He has the longest attention span I've ever seen!

I guess I honestly see a lot of myself reflected in him. He wants to be heard in the midst of his siblings. He loves to be alone to think, yet desires the interaction of others. He is my little snuggle bunny who LOVES to just sit with me and talk about everything. He thinks it's great that Mommy knows about sports, yet adores everything about his Daddy too.

I'm going to be honest, brutally. While I adore my little man with my whole heart, he has been the toughest one of the 3!! He has been my sickly one, my whiney one, the one who introduced me to hospital stays and ER's, the one who fights me at every turn and then looks at me with those steel blue eyes and asks why I'm upset....ahhh, yes, that's my Ren.

Know what else...I wouldn't change a hair on his head or a cell in his body. He's all mine and a not so subtle reminder that what my Grammy, Mimi and Mom have always said...."yes, God does have a sense of humor and he makes sure that all parents get back what they gave to their parents 1000%".

So, do you have a little one like mine? I hope you appreciate every day with them and at the end of every day smile....because they are asleep....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment