
Last night was the BIG night! We headed to Disney on Ice and had a complete blast! We got stuck in some terrible traffic on the way there, but were determined to make it to the Meet and Greet. I'm going to be entirely honest here. I thought that Mickey and Minnie would scare the bugeezees out of the kids. Audrey said she didn't want them to touch her and Ren, well, he was scared to go near them. Courtney was IN LOVE!!! She looked at us and said "Meekeee" the minute we walked in. She gave each of them a high 5 and touched their noses, it was so cute.
Onto the show part....all I can say is WOW!! It was fab-u-lous! The beginning of the show is wonderful. I honestly thought something was wrong with the Zamboni until I realized it was part of the show. Then out pops Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip and Dale and all my kids faces LIT UP!!! Audrey was smiling from ear to ear and ADORED the princess part of the show. Especially Snow White and Cinderella. When Snow White skated out she gasped "Mommy it's Snow White, she's beautiful!!!"


Ren's favorite part was Toy Story, of course. When the soldiers came marching out he jumped out of his seat and started clapping. He adores Buzz and Woody. The only thing he asked the whole time was "where's Bullseye?". I told him I didn't know and maybe he was sleeping because it was a looonnnngggg ride from Andy's house to Cincinnati. That seemed to make it better in his eyes.


Now Courtney, she giggled, clapped, laughed and was just generally enthralled with the entire night. She was dancing to the music, pointing out characters she knew, and talking a ton (which is great for someone with a limited vocabulary!!). She did about break her Daddy's legs, when Nemo, Dory, and Marlin came out. That is her favorite movie!


From my point of view, the entire night was magical! I felt like a little girl again seeing the wonders that are Disney. Everything was great! Personally, my favorite part was the Lion King portion, but that movie holds a very special place in my "all things Disney loving" heart. Chuck said his favorite part of the entire night was watching the event unfold through our kids eyes. Yup, sometimes he can be sappy and sweet like that!!

I want to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to Mom Central for the generous opportunity to attend the show. It was a night we will never forget!
Lastly, if you want to go and see the 100 Years of Magic yourself, log onto ticketmaster.com and use the code MOM for some special savings. You can also hop over to the Facebook fan page for the Dayton/Cincy area for more information. Here's hoping you and yours can enjoy all the Magic and Wonder that Disney on Ice brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment