Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What Happened Wednesday.

It is Wednesday again yippie.
What happened to honest gifts.

I have not received a gift from my husband in YEARS. When I do get something it is something that will benefit HIM. For example about 4 years ago my husband bought me concert tickets I was all excited he arranged a sitter for the kids for the weekend and we took off. I quickly realized once we got to Louisville there was a poker tournament that he wanted to play in. That is why he got me the tickets.
I had been asking for a new computer since MY computer has turned in the the kick mommy off so we can do what we want computer. Also the new Sims 3 came out and my computer can't play it and since Tommy will not let anybody touch his I want a new one. Well that brings me to last night. He comes home from work and goes. How you you like an early Christmas present. I am like ooooooookkkkkkk what ( I am thinking who are you and what have you done with my Tommy) He goes a new computer. (I know there is a catch I just can't find it at this point in time) He continues to go I know you have been wanting a new one and you should be able to get one. About and hour later the truth comes out. He goes. You can have my old one and I will get a new one. WTF So I go so my Christmas present would be you getting a new one and me getting a old hand me down. He is like no you get a new one. MINE...Are you kidding me. My Christmas present would be a new computer for Tommy and I get the one that is already here. Figures. So I go if you want a new computer is all you have to do is say it and go get you one. I will be fine with yours but don't play it off as if you are doing me any favors and don't call it my Christmas present. He then goes But I don't even want a new computer I just knew you wanted one. I was like Then I get the new one. He is like no that isn't fair.
Oh yeah this conversation went on for hours. Kandi I figured you of all people could appreciate this.
So what happened to honest presents. I have no clue they always have a hidden agenda in my house.

1 comment:

  1. Well, from the person who is also not allowed to touch Chuck's computer (because I may break it?!?!?!) I GET it. My laptop won't even run Sims 2 much less 3. I honestly can't complain though. If Chuck didn't do what he does I wouldn't even have a laptop. Also, last year when mine kicked the bucket he did go and get me a new one (well slightly used and bought from his work, but you know what I mean). My battery is dying though and I keep mentioning it to him....who knows.

    Tell him you want the top of the line, built for you computer and you'll trade out his parts with yours....maybe that will work....lol

    ReplyDelete