Monday, August 24, 2009

Things that happened this weekend...

posted by Kandi

Okay, just have to brag a bit.

My little girl is getting so big and independent. I don't like it, I really don't. We have this wonderful convertible crib and the baby has been crawling over the side and out of it for several weeks. I **finally** relented and we took the side off and "officially" made it a toddler bed. When oh when did my sweet little baby grow into a walking, talking, running, hopping full on toddler? Why do they feel this instinctive need to grow up so fast?

The little man in my life decided that this weekend he was TOO BIG to ride in a shopping cart at the store and wanted to walk. While I appreciate his determination, I really don't have enough arms to keep up with him and his sister, so he got a little (okay, a LOT) angry with me at Target. So, to make up for it, I took him to the grocery all by himself and he was outstanding!! He ask all kinds of curious questions and helped load and unload the cart. I am so happy that my little man is growing up (and out of his whiney phase....geesh!!!!!).

Finally this weekend, Audrey got her soccer pictures done. She did so good!! I was so proud of her. She is kind of bashful by nature and I was a little concerned that she might cry or just flat out refuse to get them done. Happily, she walked up, propped her foot on her ball, put her hands on her hips and popped the biggest smile! She was even good for her team shot!! Then I took her across the park and snapped a few of her posing however she wanted. I wanted to share the results of her posing!

2 comments:

  1. Great pics. She is getting so big.
    I hate to be the one to burst your bubble but the whiny stage comes back around the age of 5 it makes the 2 year old whiny seam like a cake walk.
    You are lucky that the baby is just now climbing out of her crib. She is almost 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Ren was getting out of his by about 13 months and Audrey, well, she learned VERY early that if she leaned far enough over she would do a somersault out....should've known then she would be a active little thing!!

    ReplyDelete