This weekend Chuck and I, along with some close friends, had the opportunity for a "date night". These are few and far between for us, so we, (well I), literally jumped up and down at the chance for some adult time.
For those of you who may be familiar with the Dayton, Ohio area, we went to the Historic Oregon District. Personally, I haven't been there since I was in my early 20's and having a good time (subtitled...living it up and usually drinking). Going back now, I realized that it is a beautiful area filled with old buildings and unique dining establishments. We went to one of those establishments called Pacchia. It was an awesome place. So full of ambiance. Frankly, it kind of reminded me of one of those upscale restaurants you see in old movies. I know, I know, everything old is new again...I get it.
Anyway, we got there a little after 9 and went right in to eat. They have a wonderful Espresso bar, but an outstanding restaurant area too! All four of us that went had already *technically* had dinner, but hey, this was an event, so we ordered something light. I had the fried portobello mushrooms with banana ketchup (yes, you read that correctly) and Chuck had what was called the Pacchia burger with a small salad. I guess he was hungry again?!?! The food was FANTABULOUS! I just combined two words to get the point across, but it was wonderful!! They had a great dessert menu as well. We had the chocolate marble cheesecake and our friends had a chocolate espresso cake with chocolate ganache....TO DIE FOR GOOD!!!! I mean it. I'm a meat and potatoes kind of gal, but OMG!!! the food was so good I could LIVE there, literally.
Now, to add a little more ambiance to the atmosphere, they had some live music. This is the real reason why we went. Chuck was in school with a very talented guy named Bobby Streng. He has moved away from the Dayton area, but was here for one night to play. He and his band were wonderful! They play a lively mix of jazz and funk, mixed in with a little rock and classical influences. Holy Pickles he is good!! No wonder Chuck NEVER made first chair in band class...haha. The band played 2 sets before we left and wow. That's really all I can say is wow. Below is a picture of Bobby (courtesy of his myspace site).

I honestly hope that Bobby comes back to town soon. I truly had a wonderful evening with Chuck and our friends. Plus, it's super cute to see my stuffy old hubby lighten up every once in a while. He even had his shirt untucked people (shock of the year!!).
No comments:
Post a Comment