posted by Kandi
If you read this blog, you know that Andrea and I comment on each other's posts...a lot. In a recent post about our "girls night out" I mentioned that Court had been sick, thus delaying my being able to post about the night out. Well, here is the story of what's up with her.
It kind of includes all the kiddies, but the baby the most. All of my kids started getting runny noses on Friday. No biggie, the weather here in Ohio has been really wonky lately, so I expected some reaction to hot, cool, hot, rainy, cool, rainy, hot weather. Yes, that's in order and yes, that's what it's been like over the last month around here.
Anyway, on Sunday Court started coughing. She slept terrible Sunday night and prompted a call to the pediatrician's office first thing Monday morning. I was told to just watch her and make sure no new symptoms appeared. Sadly for her, she started vomiting, running a fever and having a hard time breathing. Soo, off to the ped's office we went. She got a shot of a antibiotic because the ped was worried and oral one wouldn't do any good if she didn't keep it down. Let's just say I almost cried when they gave her the shot(s). They had to do one in each hip...my poor poor Tink!! I have never heard her scream like that and it tore through me.
Well, to top that off, the ped thought it would be good to get a lung x-ray to make sure she didn't have pneumonia. Ever tried to hold down a squirmy, cranky 21 month old for x-rays? Not fun let me assure you! Luckily, the results came back great! No pneumonia.
For today I'm just thanking God that it wasn't pneumonia. So, how has your week been so far??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment