Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Balloons everywhere.

posted by Kandi




This weekend, there was a balloon festival in our little town in Southern Ohio. Having recently moved closer, I was pumped up to go and see them. We didn't live too far away before and the Saturday night balloon glow has kind of become a tradition in our family. The kids adore it and well, I love looking at their faces light up as they count down "3,2,1...GLOW!!".

Things were a bit different this year though. We live so close to the festival now that we decided not to actually go. Instead, we sat outside and watched the balloons fly in the evening. Then we let the kids use up what was left of the sparklers from the 4th. The last thing they saw before heading off to sleep was the skydivers with the pyrotechnics attached to their feet. They were so cool and a lot better from a distance....although I was dressing Ren for bed when they began and I thought I was seeing UFO's...haha.

Here are some pictures of the balloons and sparklers.....



No comments:

Post a Comment