Monday, July 20, 2009

The joys of country living.

So I live out in the middle of nowhere. I wouldn't say the sticks but lately that what people have referred our area to. There isn't much that goes on out here and well most people are at work during the day. My house is 1 of 2 houses on our side of the road. There is several different people that own land but just farm or or play on it. The property behind me is just a big barn and farming fields.
This morning I get up open all my windows and notice something odd. It appears to be 2 kids going thru his field picking his produce. I look around for a car or something and couldn't find anything. So I try to call him to see if this is OK because it looked odd. I couldn't get a hold of him. So I decided to go find out for myself. I go over and realize a car is there I just can't see it from my house because the corn is so high. Then I realize it is a lady and her daughter. I ask them if they have permission and they do. I told them I would hope that my neighbor would do the same. I talked with them for a few and came home. When I got home my neighbor had called me and laughed thanked me for watching out for his property. I said I don't normally look out my back window but it looked odd and the dogs were barking. I told him I would hope he would do the same. He then goes OH if you want some beans there are green beans ready and lima beans will be ready next week..Corn soon. Help yourself. AH how sweet. So it looks like I shall be heading over in the next few days to pick some...YUMMY...

No comments:

Post a Comment