Wednesday, April 15, 2009

And the worst Mom of the week award goes to.....

posted by Kandi

ME!!

Let me tell you about my night last night. (Tuesday)

First, have you ever tried to squeeze 3 kids under the age of 4 into one tiny bathroom for hand washing and teeth brushing after dinner? You haven't?!?!?!

This is where the story begins. I washed my little guy's hands and sent him out. My oldest was washing her own hands and I was running the water for the baby's bath. Well, I needed to close the door so the baby wouldn't run, so I ask my son to please move his hand away from the door, which he did. What I didn't notice is that he put it right back and I shut the door COMPLETELY! Yup, blood curtling screams followed along with tons of tears. Sooo, I am trying to get him taken care of and still pay attention to the baby so she doesn't drown.

I get the little guy all fixed up with a boo-boo Band-Aid, lots of hugs and kisses and some ice in a baggie. He was snuggling with his Daddy on the couch after that.

Sooo, part 2. I finish giving the baby her bath and get her out of the tub. Now, I am typically a prepared person, towels right there, etc. Seeing as how this bath started, I didn't have a towel out. Sooo, I get the baby out of the tub and she is standing on the rug. I turn around to grab a towel and she takes off...running...on a tile floor. Guess what happened next? Yup, she went flying through the air and landed on her butt. She was none to happy to be missing the padding associated with a diaper either!

I then take her in, get her settled down and put everyone in bed. The only kid who went to bed that night without being injured was our oldest daughter. I'm thinking she was thanking God during her prayers that she wasn't hurt....at least I thought I heard her say something like that. I was too upset to truly listen.

So, the worst Mom of the week award goes to ME! yay! (catch the sarcasm in that one?)

No comments:

Post a Comment