Monday, November 30, 2009

Where did the past week or so go?

Sorry about the lack of blogging on our part. I can only speak for myself since I have been so busy I haven't even had time to talk to Kandi. I am assuming she has been pretty busy herself.
For those of you that have been asking and praying for my sister the prayers have been felt. My mom flew out to Vegas on Wednesday to help my out my brother in law out with the visits between hospitals. With the H1N1 going around neither hospital was allowing children to visit so he was unable to visit the baby or my sister. My mom was on a plane out there and my sister called and said she was released and on her way to visit the baby. Prayer answered. My mom got there and was able to visit with the baby in NICU also. My brother in law was able to breathe and take a moment to get his bearings again. The baby is doing wonderful she is still in the hospital. She is up to 4lbs now. She has to drink 40 at each feeding for 12 hrs before she can come home. She is in a crib and doing great. She does have a name I just have no clue how to spell it. Her middle name is Schyler and that is what she is going by. You say it like you would Skyler. Not sure where the spelling comes from but I am far from being a person to knock names. Hopefully she will be home soon.
I had Thanksgiving at my house this year. My family is spread out across the US so we don't have big gatherings. My dad came over along with my grandparents. YES my grandmother came over. I was shocked I really didn't think she would come but she did. Lets just say you could cut the tension with a knife. It was great that the kids spent some time with them. My grandpa acted like he hadn't ate for days. He ate 4 helpings without getting up from the table. Tons of food and leftovers to be had. The best part of Thanksgiving.
This past year we have had so many things to be Thankful for. It is sad that it takes 1 day of gorging to rememeber to be Thankful for the many blessings that we have. My family has had many blessing. Paisley started our year off. She truely has been such a joy. It is funny that with each child I have I think that I couldn't get any luckier but then the next one comes and I do. My brother in law returned from a tour in Iraq and Afghanistan safely. We found out we are expecting #4 that was a huge shock but as less than 2 months left we are blessed. These are just a few of my many blessings. Trust me there are more.
These are just a few of the updates in my house. I will write a few more posts to let you know the rest.
Have a great week back to the grind. I am pretty happy to have Tommy back to work and Evan back at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment