I'm baaaaaaack. Did y'all miss me? Neh, I didn't think so either, but you never know. The trip was LONG and the scenery beautiful! For those of you who may not have been "in the know", I helped my Aunt move from Phoenix to Indianapolis last week. I flew to Phoenix on Tuesday and we started the drive on Wednesday. 4 days and about 1600 miles later...I'm exhausted.

While we were on our trip though, we did manage to have a little bit of fun. Who knew some of the little oddities about our country. Did you know that there is actually a Winslow, Arizona? I knew there was a city named Winslow, what I didn't realize is that the city reminds me of something out of the movie Cars. It was a totally cute little town, that like a lot of them along Route 66, were probably hit by hard times. Really though, who hasn't been hit by hard times lately?

So, while in Winslow we "stood on the corner". I know most people have heard of The Eagles. You know, the music group. Yeah, just had to jog your memory. They have a song titled "Take it Easy" and one of the lines in the song says "Oh, I was standin' on the corner in Winslow Arizona, it's such a fine site to see". My Aunt, being of The Eagles era, thought it would be fun to do just that. Well, we stood on the corner. We also took our picture as proof and spent some money at the gift shop directly across the street. All around, it was a good time and we really liked the town of Winslow. The people we spoke with were so kind and truly love the city they live in. So, thanks Winslow. You're corner is awesome and this traveler enjoys the memory of it all!


No comments:
Post a Comment