
This is Dave. Dave is able to take care of himself he just chooses not to. Dave needs help with his finances, with cooking, cleaning and shopping. Most of the time, Dave acts like my 4th or 5th child. No, Dave is not unable to take care of himself. Dave lives on his own, has a job and NOTHING is wrong with him. Dave is also my dad.
My sister and I tend to baby my dad.
My sister and I are trying desperately to get him out of complete financial ruins. We have taken EVERYTHING from him. Check book, credit cards, debit cards you name it he has no access. He is now on an allowance. He has $200 per 2 weeks to buy gas, food and anything extra he may need.
I used to do his cleaning for him but I stopped that due to if you can’t pick up your own underwear why would I want to.
OK so now on to my, What Happened Wednesday? I needed to give you a quick introduction to this.
I have been working on my dad’s menu. It is really hard to cook and shop for other people. I have finally came up with the foods that I am going to make for him (that is a whole different post) Anyways I asked for my sister to bring his crock pot over to me in the morning so that I can make several meals at 1 time rather than just 1 per day. (He seams to think that I have all the free time in the world. I mean I only have 3 kids, pregnant, 2 dogs and a house to run. Lets not forget classes and homework.) Anyways today he is like you can have my crock pot and you can go buy me a new small one. I am like NO. I have my own I just need to borrow your crock pot so that I can cook YOUR food. DUH...He then complained to my sister that I wouldn't buy him one and that she should. She is like NO buy it yourself. We had to explain to him that he has to buy stuff that he wants with the money that he is allotted in his budget. I mean really do we need to wipe his butt for him also.
So what happened to parents taking care of themselves? Paying for themselves. Or just acting like responsible adults.
I'm laughing WAY harder than I really should be. Love the intro...This is Dave. lol. I know it's making you crazy though!
ReplyDelete