Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Marbles...

posted by Kandi

Here's the story. I cooked dinner last week and we all sat down to eat. Chuck had worked late and so dinner was a wee bit later than usual. The kids were, let's just say, less than cooperative. Now that you've had the story, here are the events.

We all sit down to dinner. It was NOT my best dinner ever, but hey, it was home cooked with love. That's all that matters right? Yeah, I didn't think so either...whatever! Sorry, off track. We all sit down to dinner. Everyone is eating away and suddenly chaos ensues. Ren starts whining about not liking the food. Courtney spills her drink everywhere. Chuck isn't saying much, but apparently had had a bad day.

Dinner is almost over and I start clearing things off the table and putting them into the sink. Someone ask me about dessert, for the thousandth time. I turn around and say "oh, I promise you guys, if you ask me about dessert again I'm going to lose my marbles!" To which Audrey replies "what marbles Mommy?" Innocent enough, I get it. Hilarious, oh yeah. One look at her face and you knew she was genuine in her question.

Who knew my 4 year old was so good at insults? I had to document this so one day she may see how witty she was as a young girl!

Enjoy the laugh at my expense, it's okay...really....

No comments:

Post a Comment