Thursday, September 10, 2009

Things the books don't tell you.

As a mother or soon to be mom we have all hit the bookstore in search for the book that will give you the greatest insite on pregnancy. We all start off with the "What to expect" books. Then we make it to the "Mother of all Pregnancy Books" and we hit a few more just for giggles. But these books always tell you the obvious stuff. Like when you will feel the baby so you can freak out when it doesn't happen at that time for you. What the baby is looking like at that time (those pictures always freak me out it is like an alien looking back at you.) All the important technical stuff. Now I am NOT going to knock these books I read them each and every time I get pregnant YES every time. Even though I just had a baby back in March I have already pulled them out (I put them away in hope of not returning to them for awhile) and started reading them. Every time I read them I have the same issue. These books all make it like pregnancy is all "skittles and rainbows" I don't know about you but it isn't for me. I don't have issues while I am pregnant. I thank GOD for that one. But my friends and I do have odd things happen while we are pregnant. Everybody is all embarrassed to ask about it. (My friends normally come to me since I could really care less and tell it like it is) I really think it is the pro's ways of being mean to the newbies since nobody helped them. I think most sit back and laugh because they have gone thru it and they didn't get help so why not pass that on.
The books never said anything about your tummy being down to your knees after birth.
The books never said anything about your boobs sagging to no mans land.
The books never said anything about "funk" coming out.
The books never said anything about having to wear a pantie liner for the next 9 months.
This is the one that brought me to this blog...
The books never said anything about Sneezing and peeing myself at the same time. I mean COME ON. Isn't it enough that I have to pee every 5 seconds but in between the potty trips do I really need to sneeze and pee again.


If you are looking for a funny light book on pregnancy I highly recommend Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth About Pregnancy and Childbirth by Jenny McCarthy. This book is great. I have enjoyed each of her books. WARNING. If you are easily offended DON'T read it. After all it is by Jenny McCarthy.

1 comment:

  1. Loved that book! Read it while I was pregnant with Courtney and laughed so hard I peed a little...ewww TMI!!

    I could read it now and laugh and laugh.....

    ReplyDelete