Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pantry overhaul **updated**

posted by Kandi

Good Morning everyone! Today is going to be an eventful day around here. I am going to *finally* clean out the pantry. Oh, I don't mean the actual food area, no, not that. That part of the pantry is always well stocked, clean, and rotated accordingly. What I'm talking about is the floor space where I should be able to stand inside the pantry. I'm not sure how or when it started happening, but recently stuff has just started piling up....badly!! It's so bad that instead of stepping into the pantry I have to stand at the door frame and lean in. That can make for some, umm, creative ways to gather and carry items out. Of course, I'm making it sound like the pantry is huge when it really isn't. It's about the size of a coat closet. The builders of our house (all the way back in 1955...lol) built it over the stairs to the basement. Good use of space AND a lot bigger than the one I used to have!

I'm not sure what I may encounter while cleaning it out and that frightens me. Although I'm positive I will find flour everywhere. Yes, flour. I brought up a new bag from the overstock downstairs and promptly made a hole in it. I was rushing out the door and thought well, I'll just stick it here in this nice Walgreens bag until I get home. Little did I know that in that time Chuck would come home and MOVE IT!! Flour spilled on everything and he claims he didn't even notice. I'm having a hard time believing that one, but I'll let it go 'cause I'm wonderful like that..(hopefully you caught the dripping sarcasm there).

Anyway, I am taking pictures and will post them this afternoon when I get finished. Before AND after pics. Later all...I have a "date" with a pantry (insert huge sigh here)!!

Here are the pictures...
Before...Look at the mess...YIKES!!

After


This is what came out that shouldn't have been there, now onto sorting and putting away that pile....

5 comments:

  1. I just need to find a good spot for my stand mixer and everything will be fine. There isn't enough room on the counters, so I need it very accessible. I use it a lot more than I would have thought....

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. how did you get stuff stacked that high with out it falling on you.
    2. looks like chuck needs to build you some more shelves.
    3. how did you get all that stuff in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay....here are the answers...

    1. shear luck on the stacking part, although it did fall when I began unloading it.

    2. I honestly just need some hooks put in the wall to hang things from. Maybe a couple of high shelves to store my mixer, Tupperware party things, etc...

    3. For about a month I was just opening the door and tossing stuff in.

    You know how Type A I am about things like that so it was driving me bonkers. I'm sorting through all the stuff that came out today. I found the hair ribbons for Audrey I looked for Wednesday before school. I shouldv'e known to look in the pantry for hair ribbons. I mean, it makes perfect sense right?

    ReplyDelete