So on Thursday I had to take Paisley to get her eyes checked since she has that blocked tear duct (yup snot coming out her eyes bad.) So they dilated her eyes because lazy eye and vision problems tend to follow along with blocked tear ducts. I had a few errands to run while I was at that end of town and I headed to Sams club (really I was down 1 kid and it is much easier to shop with 2 than 3.) I covered Paisley's pumpkin seat with the blanket. (you know you have the visor up and the carrier part up and drape the blanket so you can't see anything inside of it) Due to the light from outside and inside hurting her eyes. While I was in line this lady had the nerve to come up and take the blanket off of my baby. I stood there in shock while I watched her touch my babies face and tickle her feet. After a minuet of watching in horror. I said something. I asked if I could help her. She replies no I just love babies. I then tell her that I had her covered up due to it hurting her eyes because she had just had them dilated (why am I explaining my reasoning to a stranger) She then goes OH she is fine. WTF are you serious. I tell her not to touch my baby. She got really pissy like I am the one in the wrong. I don't know where her hands have been, I don't know if she washed her hands after going to the bathroom, I don't know if she has some kind of disease, I don't know if she is sick. Most of all I DON'T KNOW YOU.
Seriously when did it become OK to just walk up and touch a strangers child, when did it become OK to remove a blanket. When did it become OK for a person to tell ME that MY child is OK. People really have some nerve. I will never understand why people think they can take things upon them self.
Isn't there an unspoken rule of #1 don't touch something that isn't YOURS. #2 if there is a blanket covering a child there is a reason. (maybe they are sick, maybe they are an infant. maybe you don't want STRANGERS TOUCHING THEM.) Seriously people come on. DONT TOUCH A CHILD THAT ISN'T YOURS.
DO I really need to put this on my pumpkin seat. Maybe I do. Since common sense is lacking with people.
No comments:
Post a Comment