It is funny that Kandi post about being a computer widow. Because of my What Happened Wednesday topic.
This is how this weeks topic came about. I was trying to find a stamp from either my hubby or my mom and neither of them had one. So my mom and I were out and ran to the post office to get me just a single stamp. I asked her how much a stamp was because I hadn't used one in so long. Mom said around 48 cents. I was shocked. (after just looking it up I see it is 44 cents.) So this got me thinking. With the age of the internet we can do anything on the computer. Not only can we talk live to old friends across the world, pay our bills, spy on our neighbors ect we have lost the art of a good old hand written letter. Remember when you were younger you had a camp friend or a boy friend that would send you a letter. It was so exciting you would know it was coming and would basically attack the mail man at the door, trying to see if your letter came. I miss those days. I loved to hand write a letter on stationary that had taken me forever to pick out. I loved receiving letters that were so personal and heartfelt from the man that I loved (at the time) (sometimes a few at the same time JK) It gave you a sense of worthiness to open that letter that someone took the time to write. The internet has given us that convenience of contacting people quicker but we have lost that personal touch. I do miss hand written personal letters don't you.
Just a little interesting info for you have you ever looked at the history of the price of a stamp...Check it out. It is pretty interesting...
Anything you miss?
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I miss my brain. I swear at one point I had one....have I always been dingy?
ReplyDeleteI actually miss cards. I know people send them out at the holidays, but I miss those ones I would get from my Grammy when I was little for silly little things. My favorite was one she marked out a bunch of words and made it say....Congrats on becoming a woman (when I finally started the monthly curse).