The holiday weekend didn't really feel like one around our house. We had 3 sick kids. We didn't go to a parade, fireworks or anything. We were up to eyes in puke, fevers, Tylenol and icky diapers. Let's just say this 4th of July was less than sparkling...haha.
SO, Sunday evening when the kids started feeling a bit better I had the bright idea to steal about 30 minutes for some "me" time. Chuck was okay with it and said he would take care of the kids. During this 30 or so minutes he dealt with the whole spectrum of kid behaviors (insert evil laugh here). Peanut had a drama issue that got her sent to her room to play quietly, and Ren decided he wanted to play with his Thomas choo-choo's so he was in his room. That just left the baby with her Daddy. Well, she was having a great time playing with her "Bay-bee's" so Chuck thought he would let her be.
After being downstairs for about an hour, my internal alarm went off. I didn't hear any noises coming from upstairs and couldn't figure out what they were doing. I came upstairs thinking, "wow, what is Chuck doing, the kids are being wonderful!!" Shock and surprise hit when I saw the baby curled up in a ball at the end of the couch sound asleep. Peanut was asleep on her bed and Ren was still playing choo-choo's very quietly. No Chuck!! So I used the intercom and called for him. He called back and said he was downstairs so I ask him to come up and see what was going on.
Can you say parent miscommunication!! It was quite cute though. The picture of the baby sleeping looks just like mine when I was her age! Ren also told us that he had put on his hat to block out the sunshine (there wasn't any mind you) and found one of the baby's binky's.....so here are a few pics of what happens when parents don't communicate well.

No comments:
Post a Comment