
I have been reading this book for a few days. It is a really interesting book on how to live on 1 income. Now this is nothing new to my family. We have been living on 1 income for 6 years now and have been doing pretty well. But as my 3 kids get older I want to be able to do more and save more. I want to be able to pay cash for a great trip to Disney. I want to be completely dept free. (which we will be by the end of the year) This book has great ideas on the day to day thing we waste money on. So with these tools why am I having such a hard time following it. One of the down falls that I have is going out to eat. It is rather expensive to go out. Even just to take the kids to Mcdonalds it starts adding up. I could save a lot of money if I just cut that out. How do I train my kids to STOP going out. I love to cook but don't like to cook if I am not organized. The book also talks about saving money by making up a menu. Once again great idea. I am just awful with this. These are my 2 goals for now. Cutting out going out to eat and making a menu. What the book does say that I completely disagree with is that with coupon shopping you end up spending more money. I could not disagree more. I save more money by using coupons than I would with out. I don't by things that I don't need or if I don't need it and can get it for free I pick it up and donate it. I like having a stock pile of stuff in my basement. I have heard of families in need and went down there and made up a bag and took it to them. So how can this be a waste. Other than that 1 flaw in the book it is a great read.

There is a new one out. She re-wrote some parts and made is feasible for the time right now. It just came out in March I think. I didn't know which one you were reading and picked that one up.
ReplyDelete