Monday, April 13, 2009

Insane inlaws..

You know just when you think the in laws like you, you find out something that they have said. I mean seriously. Do people really think that you will not find out sooner or later. In my case it is much later like say 8 years later.
It has never been a secret that my in laws didn't like me when we meet. I never gave them a reason they just didn't. Over the years we have came to like each other. I have always understood where they come from until this weekend. My sister in law and I have become very good friends my mother in law I have learned to just accept and deal with.
This weekend we took the kids to my sister in laws house for Easter as we do every year. My sister in law and I were out doing our Easter Bunny shopping and we started discussing my Mother in law. (Right now my sister in law and mother in law are not on speaking terms) My sister in law brought up to me that when my mother in law came to visit Tommy and I after we bought our first house (8 years ago) she went and told everybody that she had caught me going thru her purse (anybody that knows me know this is not me I am the type of person that will not even look for a roll of butt paper at someones house it is out) At first it didn't bother me but after a few hours of thinking about it I was very upset and hurt. I called a friend yesterday while I was out and just burst into tears. I am a very honest person and I felt like my integraty was on attack. Everything that I stand for was lied about. Now this is all hear say. My sister in law is hurt by her mother right now. I don't think that she would make something up like this. But why would anybody tell anybody something so awful as someone is going thru their purse. So now I am left with do I confront her about this. I mentioned it to Tommy and he was like it was 8 yrs ago just let it go. Which this upsets me because I feel like he should defend me and not tell me to ignore it. But then again my mother in law has real mental issues she is bi polar and tends to be parinoid. So what do I do? Do I confront her with this lie or do I just keep acting as if I never heard this. Which I am not sure I can continue to open my home to her when she made a nasty lie about me.
Why oh why can't my family be normal and not so dramatic.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely...I understand completely. All went okay here this weekend..I know shock and surprise! Look at it this way, most of the people she knows prob. knows she's insane anyway, so they didn't think anything of it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 8 years ago, if there was any damage done, it was back then. Your integrity stands for itself. You should never have to defend yourself against her accusations - they are completely unfounded. And most likely everyone who heard about this knows your MIL too and that she's not *quite* right. So after 8 years, if that was the only accusation of such a thing, obviously it wasn't right and it's not in your nature.

    Please don't let it eat at you. Consider the source. If you are close to other in-laws, you might bring it up to laugh about it - and see if they even remember it. They probably don't.

    Your integrity speaks for itself. You don't have to defend yourself.

    ReplyDelete