Monday, April 13, 2009

Birds in my vent

posted by Kandi

Okay, here is my first post on this site and it involves birds. Just in case you may wonder, birds aren't exactly my favorite animal in the animal kingdom. I kind of find them a nuisance.

This morning, Chuckie left for work and my MIL was getting ready to head home (more on the perils of my in-laws in another post, your gonna love 'em!). I walked into the kitchen and thought I heard something that sounded like a squirrel fighting with my house. I walk over toward the oven and it sounded like it was coming out of the microwave! I kept thinking what in the heck is that?!?


I went outside and didn't see anything, came back in and didn't hear the noise anymore. Well, with the kids and the chaos I forgot about it until I went to start making lunch. Then I heard it again! I started the microwave and it got louder!! I kept thinking my microwave was going to blow, so I turned it off and looked out the back door again. This time though, a bird flew out of the stove vent on the back of the house. I thought OMG they are hiding in the wall behind the stove and microwave. Just to see if any more birds were in there I had my MIL turn on the fan while I stood at the back door. 3!! more birds flew out of the vent....no kidding! They were so disoriented one almost flew into the back door, which prompted a squeel from me and a quick slamming of the door...ewww!

Now, I'm sitting in my kitchen with the vent/fan on to keep them out because I have no idea how to close it! Chuck knows how and has said he will do it when he gets home, but that's not until 5ish tonight!!! So, the moral(s) of the story....don't try to count birds that are flying crazy! The just might harm your door and always know how to close the vent from the outside, just in case!...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment