Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Breast Cancer Hits home again.

As many of you know I am a huge supporter of Breast Cancer awareness. Many members of my family have had it. I take it pretty seriously. As we all should. If you didn’t see my blog on breast cancer check it out.

Well it has hit close to home once again. A few weeks ago my grandmother had her yearly check and they found a spot. They sent her for further testing and last week she had a biopsy done on it. The results came in today. The words we all dread to hear it is cancer. Right now it is a tiny spot about the size of a pencil eraser tip. They are going to go in and remove it along with 2 lymph nodes. After that they will decide on the type of radiation that they are going to go with. My grandmother is about 86 yrs old. I pray her body can handle all of this. Her health has been decreasing over the past few years. A couple years ago she was hit by a car and things haven’t been the same since. Then over the spring/summer she started showing signs of Alzheimer's. If you have been following the blog you will know what has been going on with this. Can her feeble mindset and body handle all of this? I love my grandmother dearly even with everything that has gone on this year with her and continues. I don’t want this to be the end. I pray that she will make it thru and everything will be OK.

My sister and I have been talking about the what if’s a lot the past week. The what if’s dealing with my grandmother. You see my mom has been speaking with a neurologist about her and he is going to get her in to check her out for the Alzheimer’s. If she would be diagnosed with it along with cancer will she want to fight it. Can she handle both of these HUGE battles all at the same time. I don’t know.

I had this blog written in my head a few weeks ago that was I pray for you. It was all reasons that I pray for her daily. I never wrote it out because it felt so personal. But I do I pray for her daily. I pray for her because I LOVE her even with all that has went on. Now I pray for her to have the strength to fight this deadly disease. I pray for her to find peace with her choices in life. I pray that they find a cure for this disease. I pray for her for many reasons. I hope you will also pray for her. She needs all she can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment