Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dear Franklin Covey

Dear Franklin Covey.

I have been a devote Franklin Covey user for many years. More than I care to say but I will say that I got my first one as a freshman in high school back in the day it was Franklin Quest. I am sorry to say you have lost me forever. I am sad to say that I went in there with my mother and got the worst service EVER. I was looking at the planners for the PC which I have been looking to invest in for some time. The worker asked me what I wanted it for and I told him what I was planning on using it for his response was unthinkable. What you are a stay at home mom. Mom’s don’t need anything they just stay at home all the time. I have never been so insulted in my life. I replied back to him that a stay at home mom stays busier than he will ever imagine and that he is a complete moron. Needless to say my mom and I walked out of the store empty handed.

I have NEVER been insulted like this in my life. Just because I am a stay at home mom doesn’t mean that I sit around and do nothing all day long. I work harder than most people. My job is 24/7 what is yours? I don’t get sick days do you? I don’t get vacation or personal days either do you. YEAH that is what I thought. I have 3 kids with 1 more on the way. I run a household, do bills, schedule appointments, run errands, take the kids to their activities, help out with my extended family. Just to name a few of the things that I do while I sit at home HA. Just because I don’t get paid to do these things doesn’t make my career choice any less important. Needless to say you can take you little planner enterprise and do whatever you want with it but I will not be buying anymore. For a Christian company you might want to rethink your stance on your views. I am very saddened by this.

Andrea

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I hadn't been there in several years, but I don't think I'll go back either. I guess this person has bought into the Peg Bundy idea that we SAHM's sit around and watch Oprah while eating bon-bons...what a joke! I'm thankful I sold my planner on ebay last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awful! Have you ever written a letter on www.planetfeedback.com ??? This sounds like the perfect time to do it....I've written letters to the CEO's of major companies like Little Tykes, Verizon wireless, etc, and have gotten a phonecall from the top (or their assistant) within 48 hours offering to fix the situation. Give it a try and be sure to make the letter "public".....the site walks you through it, it's awesome!

    Hope you're feeling good......(SusE from SK)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea,
    I work for FranklinCovey, the consulting company, not retail. I was very upset by your post. I thankfully, was raised by a SAHM and am so grateful. I love my job but I often wonder how things would be different if I had chosen your path, clearly a more difficult one.

    I passed this on to the President of the FranklinCovey products company. She replied to me today that she was also very upset and immediately looking into it. Retail is a completely different company so I don't have any real influence other than passing on the information to those can impact a change.

    On behalf of the brand I also represent, I apologize.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been speaking with a lady at Franklin Covey today. She has been extremely kind and thoughtful. She is fixing the problem. Franklin Covey thank you for your understanding. I will be happy to fix the blog as soon as everything is taken care of. I will not take it down but I will write a new one. Thanks.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea - I'm glad you're working with Sarah, she's the CEO of our retail division and a great human being. I'm glad you all connected. Have a happy holiday with those precious little ones. Mine are 8 and almost 12 this year and I miss some of the snuggly baby stuff!

    ReplyDelete