Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Phoenix to Indy trip

posted by Kandi


This is me, just off the plane. It was about 34ish when I left Dayton and 90 in Phoenix...ROCK ON!!!

Imagine, if you will, driving through the New Mexico desert at 80 MPH. Now, imagine seeing a billboard that you read as "Fred the Head" with a large deer head on it. Now, upon getting a closer view (and seriously questioning your vision), you see that the sign actually says "Feed the Herd" and is a billboard for a local restaurant. Yeah, that pretty much explains the trip. I haven't laughed so hard in so long. Over the craziest little things, like, a billboard. I also saw a sign that looks a lot like the "Deer Crossing" signs you see all over this part of Ohio. Sadly they were not deer signs, they were for Mountain Lion Goats. What's a Mountain Lion Goat you ask? Well, it's yet another one of my brain lapses. It was a sign for Mountain goats (I think, maybe moose), and I couldn't think of the name, so I said "Mountain Lion, Mountain Goat, Mountain Lion Goat"...yeah, my brain is funny like that. I had to stop writing this just now because I was laughing so hard. So, I'm going to share some of the beautiful scenery with pictures. I love my camera!

The pictures actually go backward from St. Louis to Phoenix.

The Gateway Arch

The sign for this said it is the Largest Cross in this hemisphere.

This one reminded me of the what I think of when I think Southwestern United States
This one is of cattle roaming the range with new "green" technology wind turbines behind them. Mixing old and new...LOVE IT!
When I saw these, I thought of Cars, the movie. It's actually somewhere in New Mexico.

I thought this tree was neat. We were near the Petrified Forest.
These are made out of metal that has rusted. So cool!

This is heading North out of Phoenix toward Flagstaff.

We weren't sure what the smoke in the distance was.

Check out all the Cactus! They were a bit dry and not as green as they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment