
Dora the Explorer, you are the best
You help my kids more than the rest
Spanish is a language I know well
but you teach them things I think are swell
from colors and shapes
to counting to ten
Te amo Dora, muy bien!
Boots, Map and Backpack
you are great too
For what would happen
If Dora didn't have you?
Boots is the best little monkey around
He's a modern day sidekick
who never frowns
I didn't know monkeys could talk before you
But then again you are an odd shade of blue
Backpack is my favorite I have to confess
I love the song that you sing
and all you posses
Map is who always shows Dora the way
without you they would be lost every day
Now Swiper is who I forgot to mention
"oh, man!" he professes without contention
stealing from Dora is what Swiper does
unless he is foiled by one of us!
So, thank you sweet Dora
Each and every day
without you my kids
might just drive me crazay (yeah, couldn't think of something to rhyme)
So, this is my Ode to Dora and I hope you liked it. We love Dora around our house and I thought it was time she got her own poem courtesy of me. 'cause we all know how wonderful I am at poetry *cough bs cough*. If it made you smile, then I've done my job. If it made you think "yup, she's nuts" well, you might just be correct!!
No comments:
Post a Comment