Thursday, October 8, 2009

Believing in your spouse...

posted by Kandi

I'm perplexed tonight. Has something happened to believing in your spouse and trying to bring out the best in them? I didn't really realize that practice had fallen out of favor until recently. Chuck and I have had our share of job loss, money issues and education decisions. The only thing is that not once did I ever look at him or he at me and say, yeah, okay settle for that. No, we cheered each on other to finish school, find a job we love and get through the rough patches. We supported each other in our down times. To this day I still cheer him on to be the best he can at work. He also cheers me on to be a good Mom, wife and makes sure I get the time alone I need to be those things. I have never understood the whole issue with cutting down your spouse or significant other. Personally, I think that the reason two people are brought together is to compliment each other.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. I just read something tonight that kind of got me wound up. Has this really fallen by the wayside? Or are there still people out there who believe in the spouse/s.o.?

No comments:

Post a Comment