
Evan begged and begged last year for a Nintendo DS. So Santa was kind enough to get him one. He LOVES this thing. He plays it all the time. There isn't a day that goes by that he isn't on it. On weekends he loves to sit in my chair and play it all day or as long as I let him play it. Well it finally caught up with him. He played it to much and it died.
He went to turn it on one day and it wouldn't turn on. I told him it probably just needed charged. So I tried to charge it. Charge light was on for a second then clicked right off. So I thought maybe it is a bad charger. So I plugged it into the other charger. Same thing. I am like crap I (Santa) paid to much for this for it to be broken in less than a year.
So I call the Nintendo warranty number on the back of the DS. They asked for the receipt number (seriously I lost my wallet last week at the mall you think I have a receipt from Christmas.) ( It was really in the pumpkin seat only for me to find later.) Then she asked me for the serial number. What serial number she explained there was sticker on the back of the DS. My son being the GENIUS that he is took it off. So yup NO proof that we even have one. EXCEPT that I was smart enough to buy him a special addition Mario Brothers one that was out ONLY at Christmas last year. YEAH ME (or should I say Smart thinking Santa.) Anyways that alone was enough for them to take the warranty since it was only sold during a certain time.
Nintendo was kind enough to send me a paid shipping sticker I am sending the DS to them and they are sending me a new one. Evan is a little upset about not having his DS but lucky for him my mom has 2 DSi's, I have a DSi and Scarlett has a DS so he has the pick of what he wants to play. Lucky little boy.
So what did I learn from this. Make sure you use your warranty and don't let the kids take off the serial number to something that could break.
No comments:
Post a Comment