Good bye country living I am so done with you. I should have left you many years ago but you are do darn appealing. No neighbors to spy on me. (Oh wait I do.) Wide open spaces, farm fresh air. All the good stuff of the country. But enough is enough. The first summer we were here I went to turn on the air conditioner for the first time and NO power was kicking on. I was like what. So I called the guy that put it in and he came out. He laughed when he goes. "Andrea come out here you have to see this I have never seen anything like it." I should have prepared myself for what was about to come my way. A mouse had gotten into the unit and made a nest out of the wires. There were about 20 electrocuted baby mice in my unit. They were fried. I wish I had been blogging then so I would have thought to take pictures. It was really amazing how they weaved the wires into the nest. CRAZY. You would think the $200 would have been my wake up call then but nope not for me. I can handle mice. They don't really bother me. It is part of living in the country. Mice out here have nothing to do with being dirty or anything like that it is just a way of life. But enough is enough. Today is my final straw. I haven't drove since last Wednesday I think. So my car has been sitting there. Evan asked me to drive him to the end of the drive since it is a little on the windy side. So I did. While we were sitting there waiting he noticed I hadn't changed my clock yet. So I opened my glove box to get the manual out and guess what I find? I mouse nest. The stupid thing had shredded up tissues, napkins and who knows else what. He built his nest in an envelope that held my car stuff. So I am like crap. I knew it right away. I called my hubby and he said I was crazy a mouse can't get into my car. I know better. I grew up in the country I know what can and can't go on. So after Evan gets on the bus I head in the house to get my camera before I dispose of the nest just for proof. Take a picture empty the nest out or should I say get the info out of the envelope then dispose of the nest and then laid down glue traps to catch the little mouse. I will freak out if I go out to leave today and the darn thing is dead on the traps. Yuck. I hate the look of them on those things. GROSS. I know it was a mouse because there was hair and poop. YUCK.
So now I am going to pack up and move to the city. Yup the city. No more country living for me. I can't handle it. YUCK. Ok I am really not moving I am just on a mission to catch this thing out of my car. It is either him or me. I bet I will win.
So here is my mouse nest. Isn't it lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment